banner pages and input tray

Doug Claar dougcups at claar.nospam.org
Fri Jul 7 12:21:20 PDT 2006

I have been trying to get a banner page to use a different tray, but haven't really found anything that works. I'm using an HP laserprinter, and for most anything I try, the banner page just doesn't show up. No errors that I can see, even with turning up the cups logging to debug2, it just doesn't show up. If I leave the banner page alone, or change something minor (like Billing Info to Creation Time), it works.

On windows, you add:

@L<</ManualFeed false /MediaPosition 0>>setpagedevice

But, try as I may, I can't get that to work in the cups banner page. (I know to leave off the @L). I've even tried to use gv to look at it, but that isn't helping, either: It displays the banner page briefly, then blanks it out. But no errors or warnings. I tried the hint about printing your banner page to a file with an option to use the correct tray, but that didn't really help, either.

I'm trying to modify the standard cups banner page, nothing fancy.

Thanks,
==Doug Claar