user administration right

Geert geert at vanboxtelsoftware.nl
Mon Jul 10 03:19:16 PDT 2006

im trying to give non root users the ability to do administrator things with the printers in cups (for example starting/stopping, clearing queues etc)

I found the option to change the policy in the config file with the <limit  disable-printer> option.

for example

  <Limit Pause-Printer Resume-Printer>
    AuthType Basic
    Require user testcups
    Require user @SYSTEM
    Order deny,allow
  </Limit>

which gives my user testcups the rights to pause and resume the printer.

the only problem i have is that when im logged as the testcups user i can still see all the other buttons like "delete printer" which this specific user doesnt have any rights to.

Is it possible to change this?