Problems with IPP

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Mon Jul 10 13:56:51 PDT 2006

Seth Nielson wrote:
> So, older versions of CUPS were ok with this? Again, It worked for
> months until I upgraded recently. I don't doubt that my server is
> crummy, but if an older version of CUPS will support it, maybe that
> will be my cheapest option.

CUPS 1.2 adds support for the HTTP Expect: header, and uses it in
requests in order to get the authentication/encryption challenge
before actually sending any data.  Prior releases did not do this,
but CUPS 1.2 is setup to handle this as well for *conforming* HTTP/1.1
servers like CUPS 1.1.x.  Returning a 505 status is non-conforming
and just plain confusing...