Cups Windows drivers - all options ignored

Helge Blischke h.blischke at srz.de
Tue Jul 11 09:38:16 PDT 2006

Michael Sweet wrote:
> Jesús Torres wrote:
>
>>> Are you sure you used the latest version of cupsaddsmb and the
>>> correct set of driver files
>>> (.dll) as listed servral times within this newsgroup? The cups
>>> add-ons to the windows
>>> printer driver make sure that all options are passed on just
>>> following the first line
>>> (the "%!..." line) as cups job ticket comments ("%cupsJobTicket
>>> keyword=value, ...").
>>> The elimination of feature blocks by the pstops filter is to avoid
>>> conflicting settings
>>> which may lead to unexpected results or eaven postscript errors.
>>>

>> I'm using release 1.2.1 (stable) and this driver files:
>>
>> cups6.inf
>> cups6.ini
>> cupsps6.dll
>> cupsui6.dll
>> ps5ui.dll
>> pscript5.dll
>> pscript.hlp
>> pscript.ntf
>>
>> update to the lastest version.
>>
>> And this are the header of the submitted jobs by the CUPS Windows Driver:

>> %!PS-Adobe-3.0
>> %cupsJobTicket: job-hold-until=no-hold
>> %cupsJobTicket: job-sheets=none,none
>> %!PS-Adobe-3.0
>> %%Title: http://www.google.es/search?hl=es&q=dsdsa&btnG=B%C3%BAsqueda+en
>> %%Creator: PScript5.dll Version 5.2.2
>> %%CreationDate: 7/10/2006 19:17:47
>> %%BoundingBox: (atend)
>> %%Pages: (atend)
>> %%Orientation: Portrait
>> %%PageOrder: Ascend
>>
>> There are only two options, as you can see.
>

> The CUPS driver only adds JCL and CUPS options in the job ticket
> comments.  All other options will appear in-line via Begin/EndFeature
> sections.

Well, I looked through the current trunk's pstops source; that seems to skip all
Begin/EndFeature blocks in the input stream. Is the stuff from Windows supposed to
bypass the pstops filter in CUPS 1.2.x?

Helge

PS: Because of production reasons, I had no chance to try out the lat3est 1.2.x yet,
so if I'm wrong, please correct me.

--
Helge Blischke
Softwareentwicklung