[cups.general] Have a CUPS server which only acts as browse server?

Rob Lists lists at dympna.com
Tue Jul 11 11:35:41 PDT 2006

I have a set of printers which already have print servers.  I would like
to configure a centralized CUPS server that only distributes the
printers info to the clients via BrowsePoll and BrowseServer.

When I try to set this up I end up with my the browse server being a
CUPS server for all the printers (basically a relay), which I do not
want (less dependancies the better).

I believe this is possible, but cannot find any examples or
documentation on how to do it.