[cups.general] cups stops itself due to rejected print file

Ambrose Li ambrose.li at gmail.com
Tue Jul 11 12:30:48 PDT 2006

On 11/07/06, Michael Sweet <mike at easysw.com> wrote:
> A non-conformant file might cause the printer to crash or
> reject a job, but the results have always been undefined for
> non-conforming files anyways!

That is simply not true. If the Postscript code itself does not rely
on really device specific features, the results are pretty much
well defined irrespective of whether the stream is DSC compliant
or not.DSC compliance of output files destined for output never
had been a visibly real problem for most people, even people
who work in graphic design.

I have worked with commercial RIP's before, and I have never
seen one that rejects a file because it is not DSC non-compliant.

-Ambrose