Cups Windows drivers - all options ignored

Jesús Torres jesus at isaatc.ull.es
Tue Jul 11 12:51:10 PDT 2006

> Helge Blischke wrote:
>
> No, the pstops filter should just be passing the Begin/EndFeature
> sections through without changes.  It adds the default/passed options
> *before* all of the embedded commands, or at least that is the intent.

If I print to file from Windows and then print that file with 'lp -oraw' it works fine.

I thinks pstops is changing some important thing inside the postscript. How can I get the document after and before pstops?

Well, I have a diff between the postscript taken before it was sended to the printer, and the postscript taken with print to file.

With diff I can see lines like that at the beginning:

-%%BeginFeature: *Duplex None
-
- (<<) cvx exec
- /Duplex false /Tumble false /Policies (<<) cvx exec /Duplex 2 (>>) cvx exec
- (>>) cvx exec setpagedevice
-%%EndFeature
-} stopped cleartomark

I think the CUPS Windows Driver set the duplex option to true before every page. But pstops inserts the default options (taken from PPD) at the document beginning. Therefore the printer is configured with the first options that it read.

Cheers,
Jesús