trouble adding beh

Kurt Pfeifle kpfeifle at danka.de
Wed Jul 12 01:51:52 PDT 2006

hcheng <zx2 at shaw.ca> wrote (Wednesday 12 July 2006 10:10):

> I have compiled and installed min12xxw driver on FC4 install (Kernel 2.6.17). I pretty much followed the
> cups-doc.html and used the http page to configure cups. The printer (Minolta PagePro 1350W) worked fine
> upon installation (on parallel:/dev/lp0), but I can't seem to get it to go through beh.
>
> I downloaded the beh script from linuxprinting.org

Support for beh is to be found in the forums of Linuxprinting.org;
CUPS.org did not write it & does therefore not give specific support
for it.

> and put it in /usr/lib/cups/backend, and I have tried
> both 755 and 777 permission with the same results. I have checked that my perl path is indeed in
> /usr/bin/perl. I dont see "network beh" in lpinfo -v,

You need to restart cupsd in order to have new backends being
recognized by CUPS.

> and when I try to put beh in printers.conf,

printers.conf is not meant to be edited directly; use the "lpadmin"
command to add printers, or the web interface, or one of third
party GUI frontends (such as KDE's "kaddprinterwizard").

> I get
> some Access Denied errors for printers.conf in the error log.

That's probably because the beh backend is yet unknown to your CUPS.

Cheers,
Kurt