[cups.general] Re: Cups Windows drivers - all options ignored -NOT SOLVED with STR #1750

Kurt Pfeifle kpfeifle at danka.de
Wed Jul 12 04:44:16 PDT 2006

Steffen Kolbe <kolbe1 at vwi.tu-dresden.de> wrote (Wednesday 12 July 2006 12:53):

> The debian cups maintainer has build new packages (for testing) with
> 1.2.2 changes: http://kmuto.jp/debian/cups

Thanks for the info. I may be installing a test system in the next
few days, and well make it be a $Debian one, so I can have a look.

> I've tested it also with latest cups6.* drivers from cups.org.

I'll have a look...

I hope this is not related to the fact that Debian has patched CUPS
to retain the (now deprecated) "RunAsUser"-like functionality in a
hard-coded way, that prevents CUPS (and sub-processes) from running
as root.

> The problem isn't solved! with the latest cups version.

Which version of Samba did you use?

> If I can help (as non-developer/expert) please tell me what you need!
>
> Steffen

Cheers,
Kurt