[cups.general] Ubuntu 6.06 LTS: Install of my printer Brother HL6050D...

Patrick Gelin patrick.gelin at free.fr
Wed Jul 12 13:28:58 PDT 2006

Hi,

I can't print anything but there is no error... I installed the CUPS
wrapper for my printer but not the LPD driver (it faills to install
because there is a bug into postinf script, the command /etc/init.d/lpd
restart doesn't works). So I'm looking for a Brother HL6050D LPD driver...

So I would like to know if I really need to install a LPD driver if I use
only CUPS? And so, is the CUPS driver the only thing to install?

THank you for your help!