trouble adding beh

hcheng zx2 at shaw.ca
Thu Jul 13 20:01:33 PDT 2006

> hcheng wrote:
> > nope.
> >
> > "/usr/lib/cups/backend" returns
> > network beh "Unknown" "Backend Error Handler"
>
> This is the normal output. If CUPS is not able to obtain this, there
> seems to be really an SELinux issue.
>
>    Till

Yup. Disabling SELinux did the trick! Thanks!

However, there is something fishy going on... I re-enabled SELinux (just wanted to then disable each option one-at-a-time to see which one is responsible for the permission problem); and I have not even started disabling any options, and beh was recognized. This is the same setting as I have before, except I re-enabled SELinux. So now I can't even reproduce the problem.... ... :s  ah well... at least it works. :P

In any case, for future reference for others, basically what I did was, disabled and re-enabled SELinux, and everything worked fine (with no change to system settings.) During re-enabling SELinux, however, it did it's re-labeling thing, so maybe that changed something.

Anyhow, thanks all, for you help.

Haynes