[cups.general] banner pages with CUPS

Komal Shah countofdracula at gmail.com
Fri Jul 14 13:37:10 PDT 2006

Hello,

Does anyone here know if it is possible to customize the banners in
/usr/share/cups/banners?  I assume the following is supposed to print
the actual host name of the print job originator :
({job-originating-host-name}).

However, when I use the standard banner, all I ever get on my banner
pages is this:

Job ID: printer-13
Title: (stdin)
Requesting User: joy
 From Host: localhost

The problem here is the From Host: always says localhost.  No matter
where I print from. Does anyone know what needs to be done in order to
get the From Host: to report the actual hostname of the system sending
the print job?

Thanks

Regards,

Komal