[cups.general] HP 3930 Deskjet Printer won't print

Aaron aaron at aaronalbright.com
Mon Jul 17 15:29:21 PDT 2006

Daryl:

Can you go to this website and verify your printer is being seen by your
computer:

http://hplip.sourceforge.net/troubleshooting/io.html

If you continue to have problems please post your issue to the HPLIP mailing
list so that we can track this correctly.

Thanks!

Aaron

On 7/15/06, Daryl <sofasurfer at blclinks.net> wrote:

> I have a HP Deskjet 3930. I installed the HPLIP 1.6.6a driver. I have
> cups installed. I have done everything that I have been told.
>
> My problem is that when I try to print, I get the window that says
> 'Printing Document...Generating Print Data'. At this point my print
> should start printing but it doesn't. It just sits there silently.
>
> I have looked for a solution at Debian Users Forum, Linux Questions
> Forum, Just Linux Forums, Debian Printing Mailing List and HPLIP Help
> Mailing List. They have all tried to help me but for some reason their
> solutions aren't adequete to get my printer going. That makes no sense
> to me. Theres something missing or maybe I have an incorrect version of
> some package.
>
> At this point it looks like there is no solution. I know that is not
> really the case, but apparently I am not able to find a help source that
> can tell me the proper proceedures to test whether I have the proper
> packages installed, whether my pc is up to the task of printing with a
> HP Deskjet 3930 or how to verify if my printer is even capable of
> printing with Debian.
>
> Please help me.

Aaron
"The purpose of life is to accomplish your dreams and goals--make the most
of what you have and have made a difference while you are here."