HP1320 Manual feed problem

Kurt Pfeifle kpfeifle at danka.de
Tue Jul 18 01:15:22 PDT 2006

Penelope Fudd <pfudd at ubc.pkts.ca> wrote (Tuesday 18 July 2006 01:50):

> I have a problem, in that every time I print a file with cups, the printer (an HP1320) will pause,
> waiting for me to manually feed in paper or press the 'enter' button to use paper from the normal paper
> tray:
>   lpr tiger.eps
>   "Manual feed.  Press enter to continue."

Looks like your PPD is set to default to "InputSlot=Manual". You can
check for available options with this command:

   lpoptions -d printername -l

The ones tagged with an asterisk ("*") are the default settings used
if you do not set your own. See if in the output of loptotions there
is a line like

   InputSlot/Media Source: Default Tray1 Tray2 Tray3 *Manual Auto

Try to print with this command:

   lpr -P printername -o InputSlot=Default tiger.eps

and see if this helps. Assuming that you have CUPS 1.2.x installed,
here is an introduction to print with options:

   http://localhost:23631/help/options.html
   http://www.cups.org/documentation.php/options.html

Cheers,
Kurt