trouble with Kyo FS-920 & CUPS

Yves mtfbwy at club-internet.fr
Tue Jul 18 06:54:04 PDT 2006

Hi all,

I'm trying to configure a Kyocera FS-920 on a debian Sarge (stable).
I've installed CUPS, I've downloaded and install the PPD given by Kyocera (v 8.2.0111).
The printer is supposed to understand Postscript.
I've configured the printer which is on parallel port with the cups admin interface (port 631). Bios Parallel port is on "ECP".

When I run the print test page, I have one line saying:
%!PS-Adobe-3.0
              RBINumcopies: 1
                             %%Pages: (atend)

OR sometimes printer "pretends" to start but nothing comes out.

When configuring the printer under cups, I have the following:
Ecoprint : Inactive
KIR : Active
Resolution : 600 dpi
Spooler : Default (temp available)
PS Binary protocol : none (TBCP available but doesn't work either)

Printer is working under Windows (in PCL XL I think)

I figure the language is not interpreted but couldn't find a way out...
error_log on debug mode didn't give me any hint, but I may not know how to interpret...

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Yves.