Debian etch cups problem

Mitch cups at mll.dissimulo.com
Tue Jul 18 07:04:14 PDT 2006

Hello;

After the last update to etch and cups, about two weeks ago, I have been getting this error message, /usr/lib/cups/backend/http failed, when I send a test print to a networked printer that was okay before the upgrade.

Is this a bug or just configuration that needs to be changed?

My printer is Brother Laser USB connected to a small PC running debian sarge for the home Lan and all windows machines can access the printer and send jobs to it.

My etch box is the only one that cannot. I have googled and cannot find information related to this error.

Any help is appreciated.