Problem migration cups

Cristiano Poppe informatica at celeiro.com.br
Tue Jul 18 07:18:35 PDT 2006

I have in my net, a printer Xerox Workcentre 415, old when it used another version of the Linux which had the LPRng used one shell that it made the compacting of the size for the source, however after bringing up to date my Linux, I started to use cups, with version 1.1.23-21, happens that, when I place to function this shell, when ordering impressions for this printer it is stopped, without shell it prints, however it does not compact the size. I believe that he is something that has that to move in shell to function in cups, however I do not know what is that I have that to modify. It follows below shell:

# $2 = <printer>
# $3 = <archive_text>

if test $2 = lp10; then # Xerox
  printf "ESC&l0SESC&k2SESC&l1EESC&l65FESC(s18H" >margem
  cat >> margem $3
  /usr/bin/lp -d $2 margem
else
  /usr/bin/lp -d $2 $3