SNMP printer discovery documentation?

John A. Murdie john at cs.york.ac.uk
Fri Jul 21 09:29:23 PDT 2006

> So far, the IPP probe seems to be the cause of slow operation or
> hangups, particularly with Kyocera network devices.  As we don't
> have a Kyocera network printer in our lab, we're depending on users
> (like you ;) to help us collect data and track down the ultimate
> problem.
>
> --
> Internet Printing and Publishing Software        http://www.easysw.com

Thank you! I don't mind being a guinea pig for some of this - just grateful that CUPS is available to us. In our case, it's not a Kyocera printer, but an HP LaserJet 4000 which is being very slow to respond - I presume to the IPP probe (submitted as followup to a bug report STR #1835. as you'll have seen). It'd be no loss if we had to junk this printer because of its old IPP implementation, though I'd probably use an AppSocket backend. It's just that I shall have to read a bit more before I understand what is happening with our installation!

John A. Murdie