Printing Question

zunacai cups at zunacai.com
Fri Jul 21 09:50:05 PDT 2006

Hello folks,

I happen to work for a large post office, we have a total of 443 linux desktops
and within those 443 we have a couple linux boxes that run CUPS and work as
printing servers.

We are actually using these to print bar codes, we use a database that has
multiple options and one of these options is to specify the paper color
(blue/red/white) but often our coworkers choose lets say to print on red colour
but they forget they have white paper on the printer, I would like to have CUPS
or any other thing notify the client that he printed lets say on "blue" the
last time he printed asd ask him wether he wants to print or not, how can this
be done?

Regards,