HP PSC1210 on Samba and no driver for Windows XP

Homer homer39 at iprimus.com.au
Sun Jul 23 15:32:38 PDT 2006

Hello,
  I have a HP PSC1210 running on my Fedora Core 5 box and even though I had to use the PSC1200 driver to get it working locally, printing/scanning works 100% (woohoo).  I have also been able to get it working via samba on my suse 9.2 box (figjam).
  Here is my problem.  I have a Windozeoff XP box which I NEED to be able to connect via samba to the psc1210 on my FC5 box, however I keep getting asked to supply a driver and the setup cd apparently does not contain the information XP requires.
  Installing the printer directly to XP should have provided the driver it needs but alas it didn't.  I read in other forums that if I set it up on my FC5 box as a postscript printer then all should be ok.  This is no good either since the printer wont work locally when set up this way.
  I have tried setting it up on the XP box as a postscript printer but nothing comes out the other end when I print (same result as when I set it up the same way on the FC5 box).
  I have tried to export the driver to a ppd file but XP wont accept a ppd file when asking for a driver.
  Question 1:
  Where can I find a driver that XtraPathetic will accept.
  Question 2:
  How can I configure Samba to automatically supply the correct driver when being setup on a Micro$oft os?

Thanks in advance.
Homer.