[cups.general] jobs passed to printer too quickly

nlin nlin at newton.berkeley.edu
Tue Jul 25 16:52:01 PDT 2006

Hi

I'm running RHEL 4 and currently trying to migrate from LPRng to cups.  In
our original set up using LPRng, our users can use lpstat -t to view
current print jobs.  I've having problems viewing print jobs with cups.

1.  The jobs goes from "active" to done way too fast.  Sometimes the
printer is still processing the information and havn't printed, but in the
cups web interface, it shows the job as completed.  Is there a way around
this?  Is this a configuration issue?

2.  lpstat -t no longer works.  Is the cups web interface the only way for
me to view jobs.  By not working I mean that it no longer display nice
information (username, job id, time submitted, etc).  Is there an
equivalent command line interface in cups that will show me the printer
status?

thanks!
nancy