SSL/TLS printing

ryuuichi.ikeura at nts.ricoh.co.jp ryuuichi.ikeura at nts.ricoh.co.jp
Tue Jul 25 19:21:26 PDT 2006

Hi

I want to print from client PC(Fedora Core5) to a printer through SSL/TLS connection
To do so, I set parameters for the printer and PC as follows.

[printer's setting]
-installed certificates
-permit SSL/TLS communication for ciphertext or clear text

[PC's setting]
-add the printer(each parameters are set as follows)
<Printer [Printer-name]>
Info [Printer-info]
Location Local Printer
DeviceURI http://[ip-address]:443/ipp
State Idle
StateTime 1153870317
Accepting Yes
Shared Yes
JobSheets none none
QuotaPeriod 0
PageLimit 0
KLimit 0
OpPolicy default
ErrorPolicy stop-printer
</Printer>

Here is my cupsd.conf.
client.conf isn't changed from default setting.

[cupsd.conf]
# Show general information in error_log.
LogLevel info
SystemGroup sys root
# Only listen for connections from the local machine.
Listen localhost:631
Listen /var/run/cups/cups.sock
# Show shared printers on the local network.
Browsing On
BrowseOrder allow,deny
BrowseAllow @LOCAL
DefaultAuthType Basic

<Location />
  # Restrict access to the server...
  Order allow,deny
  Allow localhost
</Location>
<Location /admin>
  # Restrict access to the admin pages...
  Order allow,deny
  Allow localhost
</Location>
<Location /admin/conf>
  AuthType Basic
  Require user @SYSTEM
  # Restrict access to the configuration files...
  Order allow,deny
  Allow localhost
</Location>

<Policy default>
  <Limit Send-Document Send-URI Hold-Job Release-Job Restart-Job Purge-Jobs Set-Job-Attributes Create-Job-Subscription Renew-Subscription Cancel-Subscription Get-Notifications Reprocess-Job Cancel-Current-Job Suspend-Current-Job Resume-Job CUPS-Move-Job>
    Require user @OWNER @SYSTEM
    Order deny,allow
  </Limit>
  <Limit Pause-Printer Resume-Printer Set-Printer-Attributes Enable-Printer Disable-Printer Pause-Printer-After-Current-Job Hold-New-Jobs Release-Held-New-Jobs Deactivate-Printer Activate-Printer Restart-Printer Shutdown-Printer Startup-Printer Promote-Job Schedule-Job-After CUPS-Add-Printer CUPS-Delete-Printer CUPS-Add-Class CUPS-Delete-Class CUPS-Accept-Jobs CUPS-Reject-Jobs CUPS-Set-Default>
    AuthType Basic
    Require user @SYSTEM
    Order deny,allow
  </Limit>
  <Limit CUPS-Authenticate-Job>
    Require user @OWNER @SYSTEM
    Order deny,allow
  </Limit>
  # Only the owner or an administrator can cancel a job...
  <Limit Cancel-Job>
    Order deny,allow
    Require user @OWNER @SYSTEM
  </Limit>
  <Limit All>
    Order deny,allow
  </Limit>
</Policy>

It doesn't work on the above settings.
Would anyone have an idea for the problem ?
Thanks.