[cups.general] Can't connect to http://localhost:631

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Wed Jul 26 02:56:32 PDT 2006

On Wednesday 26 July 2006 04:25, Till Kamppeter wrote:
>Gene Heskett wrote:
>> On Tuesday 25 July 2006 12:04, David Raleigh Arnold wrote:
>>>Unable to connect
>>>
>>>Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at localhost:631.
>>
>> Is the httpd server daemon running?  Its required for that service.
>
>No, httpd is not required for the web interface of CUPS to work. The
> web interface is provided by the CUPS daemon itself. So please check
> whether the CUPS daemon is running.
>
>   Till

Oops, sorry Till, I based that response on an experience that is now
several years old and making sure that httpd was running fixed things
at the time.  Back then, cupsd was running, I could see it with a ps
-ea, but it (localhost:631) didn't work till I started httpd.  Several
years ago when cups was first intro'd to the then current RH
distribution, RH-6.0 maybe?

--
Cheers, Gene
message by Gene Heskett are: