[cups.general] jobs passed to printer too quickly

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Wed Jul 26 12:37:42 PDT 2006

nancy lin wrote:
> Hello
>
> Sorry.  I'm using RHEL4's cups 1.1.22.0.rc1.9.10.
>
> THe URL is something like ipp://xx.xxx.xxx.xxx./ipp/4100

You might try using socket://xx.xxx.xxx.xxx instead.

> I'm using the driver that comes w/ RHEL.  I think it's the HP Laserjet
> driver.

and the printer you are printing to is ???

> Should I upgrade to 1.2.2?

At this point I can't say whether that will help.  1.1.22 is fairly
recent and stable...

> lpstat -t (from LPRng) was able to display both active jobs and the last
> 2 completed jobs.  Will cups's lpstat be able to do that as well?

No, we don't have an option/mode for that - you can display the
active, completed, or all (in CUPS 1.2.x) jobs via the -W option.