[cups.general] jobs passed to printer too quickly

nancy lin nlin at newton.berkeley.edu
Wed Jul 26 13:13:32 PDT 2006

Hi Michael

Actually I used socket://x.xxx.xxx.xxx:9100 first.  is that what you mean?
  The behaviors are the same for either one.   The printer is HP 4100.  But
this happens w/ all of my printers.  They are HP color 3800, HP 4100, HP
4350, and an HP 2100.

In terms of behavior, I'm slowly going through all of the mailing list.
There was a mention that cups consider all jobs as being done when the
connection closes (it receives the last byte).  I have 60 clients and I"m
configuring them to all point to one cups server so that the logs are all
at one place and I can do print account using pykota.  (havn't installed
pykota yet).

Would that make the difference?  I don't think it does as I've tried just
printing a test page from the web interface and the job still gets
processed way too quickly.  But supposing I print a big huge PDF file or
something.  Does cups consider the job to be done when it has finished
transmitting the job to my printer?  Or does it consider it to be done when
it gets an end of job from the printer?

thanks
nancy