[cups.general] jobs passed to printer too quickly

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Wed Jul 26 13:29:27 PDT 2006

nancy lin wrote:
 > Does cups consider the job to be done when it has finished
> transmitting the job to my printer?  Or does it consider it to be done
> when it gets an end of job from the printer?

Depends on the type of connection.  For all of the network backends,
we wait for the printer to tell us it has completed its work.  For
IPP this means querying the status of the job we've submitted, for
socket this means the printer closes the other end of the socket,
and for LPD it means we get the final status byte back.