ADVANCED HELP NEEDED on CUPS + WindowsClient->ipp/samba

Kurt Pfeifle kpfeifle at danka.de
Wed Jul 26 17:07:42 PDT 2006

nuno inĂ¡cio <n.inacio at sapo.pt> wrote (Thursday 27 July 2006 01:32):

> To simplify I've cleaned and restored defaults on cupsd.conf,
> printers.conf, ports.conf, etc and I think and tried to remove
> all security there.

As long as you use official Dapper packages, you haven't.

Ubuntu has forked CUPS sources, and patched them to run cupsd as
user "cupsys", not root. This does imply all kinds of twists to
standard CUPS behavior. And you can't even use "RunAsUser No"
like it used to be, when this option was still officially part
of CUPS (in the 1.1.x series).

Also, browse.conf and ports.conf are not standard CUPS.org config
files. It's an Ubuntu tweak (but it utilizes the "Include" config
directive supported by CUPS).

Cheers,
Kurt