ADVANCED HELP NEEDED on CUPS + WindowsClient->ipp/samba

nuno inĂ¡cio n.inacio at sapo.pt
Wed Jul 26 23:59:04 PDT 2006

> <Kurt Pfeifle> wrote:
> As long as you use official Dapper packages, you haven't.
>
> Ubuntu has forked CUPS sources, and patched them to run cupsd as
> user "cupsys", not root. This does imply all kinds of twists to
> standard CUPS behavior. And you can't even use "RunAsUser No"
> like it used to be, when this option was still officially part
> of CUPS (in the 1.1.x series).
>
> Also, browse.conf and ports.conf are not standard CUPS.org config
> files. It's an Ubuntu tweak (but it utilizes the "Include" config
> directive supported by CUPS).
>
> Cheers,
> Kurt

Thaks Kurt. I've notice those differences. Also you are the first to answer to any of my post troughout the foruns wich isn't a good sign for me.
They use a cupsys:lp on pidfile and a cupsys:lpadmin on the logs. I added the user to lp, lpadmin, cupsys and shadow groups (yes, it's desperate). no effect.

So my question maintains:
why windows client spool doesn't show jobs on the server using IPP?
Is it an expected beahvior?
Can it be fixed?
Does this happens on other distros or just Dapper?

Anyone, any suggestion, please?