[cups.general] Re: Re: Can't connect to http://localhost:631

David Raleigh Arnold darnold4 at cox.net
Fri Jul 28 08:58:33 PDT 2006

On Thu, 27 Jul 2006 13:50:07 -0400, Kurt Pfeifle wrote:

> David Raleigh Arnold <darnold4 at cox.net> wrote
> (Thursday 27 July 2006 15:26):
>
>> On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 04:20:28 -0400, Kurt Pfeifle wrote:
>>
>>> Gene Heskett <gene.heskett at verizon.net>

>>> No, it's cupsd which provides that service. "ps aux|grep cupsd"
>>
>> Cupsd failed to run.  "Child exited...".  daveA
>
> You need to find out why that happens. We can't help if you don't provide
> more details.

I appreciate the effort.  It's just not worth it.  I think it is a problem
with the newer debian kernel package.  Using an older kernel made printing
possible, and that will do for now.  I think that the problem had
something to do with the 'lp' module, but I will probably never know,
because I will never install that kernel version again.  daveA

--
Free download of technical exercises worth a lifetime of practice:
"Dynamic Guitar Technique": http://www.openguitar.com/instruction.html