client-error-document-format-not-supported

Bernd Krumböck krumboeck at universalnet.at
Fri Jul 28 22:54:30 PDT 2006

skylupo wrote:

>> > i'm running debian and kde, i installed the hplip driver
>> > (http://hplip.sourceforge.net/).

Which debian version?
Which cups version?

>> > i googled a lot of course, and i found 2 solutions:
>> >
>> > 1- edit the mime.types and mime.confs files and uncomment de lines
>> > 'application/octet-stream ' at the bottom

This is only helpful in special cases.

>> > 2- in kde control panel, reconfigure the cups server to listen to
>> > localhost:631

This has nothing to do with your problem. At least I can't see any
coherencies at the moment.

>> > it's like the cups server wasn't able to read the mime.types and
>> > mime.confs files.

Permissions for mime.convs and mime.types should be 0644.
Please set "LogLevel debug" in your cupsd.conf and try to print a normal
text file (like /etc/resolv.conf).

Please send all interresting parts from your error_log file.
Maybe you should also send your mime.types and mime.convs file.

best regards!
Bernd