Error 426 Upgrade required

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Sun Jul 30 06:07:50 PDT 2006

ivakin wrote:
> I'm using cups-1.2.0/freebsd-6.0-x86. After upgrade I can't access to printer administration properties through web access, I have an error
> 426 Upgrade Required
>
> You must access this page using the URL https://*.*.*.*:631/admin/.
>
> Any suggestions?

Use a https: URL?

Depending on how they compiled CUPS, you may need to create a SSL
certificate manually with CUPS 1.2.0.  Use the following commands
if you have OpenSSL installed:

     mkdir /etc/cups/ssl
     openssl req -new -x509 -keyout /etc/cups/ssl/server.key \
         -out /etc/cups/ssl/server.crt -days 365 -nodes

The path on FreeBSD might need to be /usr/local/etc/cups/ssl - check
where the "cups" part resides currently...