[cups.general] cupsd process question

Minatra, Pat H. pminatra at hsutx.edu
Sun Jul 30 10:31:15 PDT 2006

We are running CUPS v.1.1.22 on Red Hat Linux and are having issues with
doing lpstat -t | grep printer taking up nearly 100% of CPU time and not
quite sure how to fix it.  As a matter of fact just lpstat -t takes all
the cpu time also and not sure why this is.  We have around 185 print
queues.

Does anyone have any help to steer me in the right direction to fix this
problem?  The users on the server are spending time 'waiting' for
everything due to to this problem.

Thank you for any clarification you can provide.  Have a GREAT day!

-------------------------
"Life is but a twinkle in the eye of eternity"
"The shortest distance between a problem and a solution is the distance
between your knees and the floor"
"sorrow looks back - worry looks around - faith looks up"
Regards,
Pat H. Minatra - N5GJR
(325) 670-5804 voice
(325) 670-1570 fax