admin.cgi calls cups-driverd wrong

Stefan stefan-tiger at gmx.de
Sun Jul 2 01:15:01 PDT 2006

I use Debian unstable BUT compiled hplip and cups myself (latest version).
If I want to add a printer on cups-webinterface, admin.cgi calls the following to generate the drivers list:

 /usr/lib/cups/daemon/cups-driverd list 1 0 requested-attributes=all ppd-make='HP'

This doesn't work. cups-webinterface doesn't went on. I cant add a printer.
 Daran bleibt cups ewig hängen. Ich kann also keinen Drucker hinzufügen.

If I type this command in the console I get:

 Usage: cups-driverd cat ppd-name
 Usage: cups-driverd list request_id limit options

I guess that admin.cgi doesn't call cups-driverd correctly.

This command:
 /usr/lib/cups/daemon/cups-driverd list 1 0 "requested-attributes=all ppd-make='HP'"

shows me a list of ppds.