Custom Page Size Not Being Honored (1.2.1)

Jason J. Campbell jason_campbell at daytimer.com
Fri Jul 7 09:31:01 PDT 2006

   In an effort to move ahead of Apple in implementing Cups 1.2.1, I use the installer provided here to update my OS X Server 10.4.7 box.  Everything seemed to be great and I liked the improvements to the web interface, etc.  However I noticed that output going to a hotfolder for Acrobat was no longer coming out correctly.
   Printing from Quark 6.5 using the Acrobat 7 PPD as I had before the update, I was getting Letter (8.5x11) output when I had specified a custom page size.  What's more, if I picked any other page size, it was not getting honored (thinking maybe it just wasn't paying attention to the 'Custom' page size part of the PPD).  No matter what I do I get Letter.
   To back this up, using the same hotfolder backend script on my 10.3.9 workstation (Cups 1.1.20rc1) I get valid output honoring my custom page size.  If I take this valid .ps file and put it through the 1.2.1 spooler, it slaps some Postscript into the file which sets it to Letter.  Thus overriding my custom page size...
   Anyone else seeing this?  I now have to perform some rather painful surgery to rollback my cups install.  I know it isn't anything related to the mime.types or apple.types handlers since I even tried swapping my original ones (prior to update) into the 1.2.1 install to no avail.