[cups.bugs] [CRIT] STR #1827: Unable to compile on Windows XP

Srinivasan B srini2174 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 9 09:11:04 PDT 2006

[STR New]

Hi,
    I am trying to compile esp ghostscrip 8.15.2 on a Windows XP machine
using MSYS + MingW + gcc(from sourceforge.net).  But I am unable to
compile it.  The following were the issues encountered

1) While executing the tar -xvf command on the sources the soft links to
src/configure.ac and src/Makefile.in are not created properly.  I created
the softlinks manually and started to configure option to create the
makefile properly

2) Then I had the error "utsname.h" not found in the c files
addons/eplaser/gdevescv.c.  I got the utsname.h copied from a redhat
distribution and it got compiled.

3) Then I had the error "gdevlprn.h" & "gdevlips.h" not found  when
compiling the c file addons/japanese/gdevespg.c file.  I copied both these
header files from the directory addons/lips4 directory and this file was
compiled

4) Finally the compilation stopped in the file
addons/pcl3/eprn/pagecount.c with error in line 52, 68 and I am unable to
proceed further.

How do I resolve these issues? Is there any port of ESP Ghostscript for
windows available

     Thanks in advance for any help

Regards,
Srinivasan.B