firewire: epson r1800 ???

helices helices at helices.org
Mon Jul 10 12:15:52 PDT 2006

Please, help me to get the subject printer working with firewire.

Yes, I know that I can do this with usb; but, I really want the additional throughput of firewire.

I have HP XW9300, dual opteron, 2.5GHz, 6GB PC3200 RAM; Debian Linux; 2.6.15 kernel

I have seen several OLD references to firewire backend.

I have seen references to using ipp; but, is that supported by my printer?

I have seen references to using scsi; but, I have not found a device binding for configuration.

What do you think?

Best Regards,

helices
877.596.8237