[cups.bugs] Re: [LOW] STR #1830:http://localhost:631/help/options.html, thePrinting and Options page should come as a man page

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Tue Jul 11 12:45:23 PDT 2006

wtautz wrote:
> Michael Sweet wrote:
>> [STR Closed w/o Resolution]
>>
>> We decided a long time ago that the detailed documentation would be
>> available on the web interface and not in the man pages - it is too hard
>> to maintain both sets of documentation.
>>
>> Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L1830
>> Version: 1.3-current
>> Fix Version: Will Not Fix
>>
> I suppose if I can offer a solution you might accept it ? :-)

If by "solution" you mean some sort of documentation generator, it
will depend on the portability, etc.  That said, long man pages are
much less usable than the same content in a browser - man doesn't let
you scroll back and forth, print, or easily search the contents, and
of course you can't use images or tables...