[cups.development] [RFE] STR #1840: lpmove does not currently move jobs successfully

Larry L Kline lkline at ilsos.net
Fri Jul 14 05:03:41 PDT 2006

[STR New]

When a printer goes down, we use the disable command to bring the printer
que down. We thought this worked until we tried to use the lpmove command
to move the jobs to another print que. The system stated that the "Network
host 'printer ip address' is busy; will retry in 30 seconds'. We had
similar problems in the AIX environment until IBM gave us the "qadm -K
printque' command. This command ends all current print jobs and then
brings down the que. Are there any cups commands to do this function.

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L1840
Version:  -feature