[cups.bugs] Re: [HIGH] STR #1850: GS using 800MB of VSZ memory for a 15KB eps file

Hin-Tak Leung htl10 at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Jul 21 16:40:17 PDT 2006

[STR New]

westslnt.pfb seems to be a font that has not been updated
for about 10 years. I don't know why ghostscript is looking inside
- /usr/share/fonts/sharefonts/ - you might want to get rid of it
anyway.

It would be interesting to see the last part of your "gs -h" (the search
path).
gs also should not look inside .fonts - at least not AFPL ghostscript
nor GPL ghostscript. I believe there are some patches around
which make ghostscript xft/fontconfig-aware (and hence will be sensitive
to broken fonts in .fonts and your X-server's font path) - that
might be your problem. If your ghostsript is xft/fontconfig-aware,
you may have to remove as many strange/bad fonts as possible.

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L1850
Version: 8.15.2