[cups.bugs] Re: [HIGH] STR #1850: GS using 800MB of VSZ memory for a 15KB eps file

Hin-Tak Leung htl10 at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Jul 22 14:07:52 PDT 2006

[STR New]

Here is my "gs -h" - I believe I added the middle two myself:

Search path:
   . : /usr/share/ghostscript/8.53/lib :
   /usr/share/fonts/default/ghostscript : /usr/share/fonts/default/Type1 :
   /usr/share/ghostscript/fonts

Your search path contains way too much junk. Firstly, make sure your
"/usr/share/fonts/default/ghostscript/" contains the correct stuff
(mine have 150+ files, all from ghostscript and would be
part of a "gs-fonts" package or something on gentoo), 2ndly,
try changing the search path's order with setting the GS_LIBS
environment variable, and see if that make any difference.

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L1850
Version: 8.15.2