[cups.bugs] Re: [HIGH] STR #1850: GS using 800MB of VSZ memory for a 15KB eps file

Thomas Heiserowski th.heiserowski at gmail.com
Sun Jul 23 06:36:28 PDT 2006

[STR New]

That seems to have fixed it! Thanks for your kind help.

My Search Path is now:

   . : /usr/share/ghostscript/8.15/lib :
   /usr/share/ghostscript/8.15/Resource :
   /usr/share/fonts/default/ghostscript/ :
   /usr/share/fonts/default/ghostscript : /usr/share/fonts/default/Type1

I still have to find out, why "/usr/share/fonts/default/ghostscript"
appears twice but it should not do any harm by now.

The reason for the longer Search Path before was the Gentoo ebuild which
set all those font paths and GS_LIB which was set to "~/.fonts/". I had to
recompile GS-ESP to get rid of the first part. Second, I "unset GS_LIB" as
it would otherwise still search in my personal font dir and crash.

But the question remains: Should GS really stumble across [possibly buggy]
font definitions and render a system unusable?

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L1850
Version: 8.15.2