[cups.development] Re: [RFE] STR #1650: Web Interface: Improvements to the SNMP autodiscovery

John A. Murdie john at cs.york.ac.uk
Wed Jul 26 05:29:50 PDT 2006

[STR New]

I'd like to add my voice to that of pipitas and mandraks - when the SNMP
autodiscovery works, it is good. (Unfortunately the IPP probe that follows
sometimes takes many minutes per printer, as I reported in STR #1835.)

But I agree with pipitas that (even when STR #1835 is resolved) it
shouldn't be started every time that the /admin page is accessed - or
anything else that forces me to wait even the 30 seconds to a few minutes
while the printer set here which hasn't been added to or changed in a year
is re-interrogated.

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L1650
Version: 1.3-feature