[cups.general] Cups 1.20 not playing with SuSE 10.0?

Klaus Singvogel kssingvo at suse.de
Thu Jun 1 04:53:30 PDT 2006

Axel Braun wrote:
> Gents,
>
> on a SuSE 10.0 I have upgraded to Cups 1.20.
> When I now try to print out of KDE ist says 'initializing printer system',
> before it issues an error (could not be initialized).
>
> Has anyone experienced this as well and knows a solution?

Solution was already posted here (11 May 2006 from Till Kamppeter):

Easy to work around until updated KDE packages are available:

Click "System Options" at the bottom of the kprinter dialog. In the
pop-up dialog choose "CUPS Server" on the left and then on the right
delete the contents of the field "Host" and enter "localhost" there
and in "Port" enter "631". Then click on "OK" and kprinter will work
again. kprinter remembers these settings, so you do not need to repeat
these steps for each printout.

Regards,
	Klaus.
--