banner pages in cups

Helge Blischke h.blischke at srz.de
Thu Jun 1 06:40:30 PDT 2006

Michael De Vlaminck wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm using cups 1.1 and I need to use bannerpages with it. We allready
> have a script that generates these bannerpages using the username,
> hostname and printqueuename. It's a shellscript which generates postscript.
> Is it possible to use this script in cups so this is executed and
> printed before every printjob, no matter what the user chooses for a
> bannerpage in for example, kprinter?
>
> thanks in advance
>
> Michael De Vlaminck

You may have a look at the "alternate pstops filter" which permits printing
banner pages as part of the current job (by implementing a custom command line
options). These banner pages are in essence parts of a PostScript program
which is activated by the /BeginPage and /EndPage mechanism, respectively.

It schould be quite easy to modify your banner creation script accordingly.

Helge

--
Helge Blischke
Softwareentwicklung