Classes from a remote Cups serveur not browsable

Thibault LE MEUR Thibault.LeMeur at supelec.fr
Thu Jun 1 10:11:29 PDT 2006

Hi,

We've got a CUPS serveur with a Class serving two printers.
Stations on the same subnet can see the printers as well as the Class.

Stations on another subnet (routed through a firwall openned to all traffic to the CUPS server) have been configured with BrowsePoll pointing to our CUPS server.
These stations can see the remote printers but not the remote Class !

I've used ethereal to check where the problem is and found that:
* The client is requsting CUPS_Get_Printers with the following attributes:
** attributes-charset: utf-8
** attributes-natural-language: en-us
** requested-attributes: printer-info
** printer-type: 0x00000000
** printer-type-mask: 0x00210002

* The server responds with
** Successful-Ok-Ignored-Or-Substituted-Attributes
** Then all the printers are described but not the Class

Here is how the class is defined:
<Class hpclass>
Info Imprimantes du libre-service
Location D1-13