SSL enabled - typed commands faile to connect

angelb at bugarin.us angelb at bugarin.us
Fri Jun 2 06:44:30 PDT 2006

Hello all.

I have a test system which I've enabled SSL. Accessing the server
via https://servername works great; entering my username and
password works as well including sending a Test page from the web
interface.

The problem I'm having now is when I run a command; ie, lpr or lpstat,
the process fails to connect to the server:

ROOT @ sandbox # lpr -Py_cc8dl cupsd.conf
lpr: error - unable to print file: server-error-service-unavailable

ROOT @ sandbox # lpstat -p
lpstat: Unable to connect to server: Connection refused

Here's my SSL directives among others:
ServerCertificate /etc/opt/TWWfsw/cups1123/ssl/server.crt
ServerKey /etc/opt/TWWfsw/cups1123/ssl/server.key
SSLPort 443
BrowsePort 631

Without SSL enabled, everything works well; command line or from the
web interface.

Any ideas or suggestion is much appreciated.

Thanks!
angelb