printer fault! no idea what may be wrong

Kurt Pfeifle kpfeifle at danka.de
Sun Jun 4 09:33:21 PDT 2006

Mario S. Mommer <mommer at moss-clad.net> wrote (Sunday 04 June 2006 17:46):

> I am on ubuntu 6.06, trying to print on a HP laserjet 1005.

I am not very much familiar with that printer. Is that one of the
Zenographics-based printers?

> I use the
> foo2zjs drivers (not from ubuntu, but installed from the web site
> http://foo2zjs.rkkda.com/) and it just does not work.

Which PPD did you install? What is the result of the command

  "grep cupsFilter /etc/cups/ppd/*.ppd"

? I suspect you are using a "Foomatic"-driver. For Foomatic-related
support questions, the forums at Linuxprinting.org

  http://linuxprinting.org/forums.cgi

is a better address; CUPS.org is not involved in the development of
Foomatic-based stuff.

Cheers,
Kurt