Feature request: mandatory "Job-Billing" entry

Alexey Lobanov aal at lobanov.sp.ru
Mon Jun 5 04:26:42 PDT 2006

Hello all.

Can anyone help me to implement mandatory manual entry of "Job-Billing" value at every print job in Windows CUPS driver? The aim is simple enough: server-side job accounting (with Pykota or Jasmine) should count pages per "project", not per user. A regular user works for several projects, and only he|she knows what project should be charged for every individual print job.

In the present driver version the "Job-Billing" is stored in registry and cannot be even changed without administrative rights.

My experience in MS-Windows programming is very limited, and I even cannot fing how to invoke a dialog window from cupsps6.cpp code.

Alexey