[cups.general] Re: Feature request: mandatory "Job-Billing" entry

Jerome Alet alet at librelogiciel.com
Mon Jun 5 10:02:48 PDT 2006

On Mon, Jun 05, 2006 at 10:37:48AM -0400, Alexey Lobanov wrote:
> Hello Jerome.
>
> > PyKota now includes a facility to ask for any data, for example
> > a billing code, to an end user. It can also check user credentials
> > if asked to do so.
>
> You mean pycoticon? I have looked at it, but I did not like it in
> corporate environment because of too many additional software pieces
> required at *every* workstation. Python, wxPython, py2exe, and,
> finally, the client itself.

That's what I meant, but in reality there's NO need for ANY software
on the client workstations.

>From pykota.com you can download (for a fee) pykoticon.zip
Extract it in a directory shared by your Samba server (for
example), and run the executable from there automatically
at each user's login. I launch it from the STARTUP.CMD
logon script here and it works fine.

No software is installed on the client hosts, and there's no
need to have administrative priviledges either.

Of course creating the .zip from the subversion tree is more
than easy thanks to py2exe, but you'll need to install the
software you mention above on the machine you'll build the EXE
on.

bye

Jerome Alet