cups windows driver v6 and printer properties

Benoit SCHWINDEN benoit.schwinden at pharma.uhp-nancy.fr
Mon Jun 5 23:53:38 PDT 2006

Kurt Pfeifle a écrit :
> W. Engelhart <gen05 at we-cs.de> wrote (Monday 05 June 2006 19:50):
>

>>- cupsaddsmb completed successfully (analysed the verbose output to
>>verify) - The drivers are in place on the server as well as the client.
>>- Connecting and installing on the Windows box works seamlessly.
>>- Printing works fine, too.
>>
>>However, I can't configure the printer.
>

> Works fine here. Samba 3.0.22, CUPS 1.2.1, SUSE-10.0.
>
> Which versions in your case?
>

>>Even switching from Portrait to
>>Landscape is not possible, which is a complete showstopper to roll out the
>>driver.
>

> You are aware that you need Admin privileges to change the default
> settings on the Samba server for all users?
>
> Cheers,
> Kurt

Hello,

thank you for your answer !

I am aware that I need admin privileges to change settings, but my
Windows box doesn't allow me to see anything about these setting : it
tells me that it cannot found the printer driver, and asks me to install
or choose one. My boxes are in french (because my users are french :) ).
Both clients and server have the driver.

I have an other test server with cups 1.1.19 and samba 3.0.22, and I
can, on this server, change one or two settings : orientation, recto/back...

Is there a bug with cups drivers and cups 1.2 ?

greets,

Benoit.